Since 1934, Yakima Bait has been producing high quality lures on the market. In this article we are going to cover the Warden’s Rooster Tail Inline Spinners.
We also provide fishing tips and have a look at other brands that Yakima Bait also has.
With a wide variety of lures to choose from, the Yakima Bait Rooster Tail inline spinner has something for every type of angler and fishing.
Yakima Bait’s products are designed to stand the test of time. From the famous Rooster Tail lure, developed by Howard Worden in the late 1950s, to the Lil’ Corky and Spin-N-Glo lures, anglers have used Yakima Bait to help them catch fish for decades.
Other Inline Spinner articles you might be interested in: Mepps Lures
Fishing Tips And How to Choose the Right Yakima Bait Lure
Choosing the right Yakima Bait lure can be the difference between a successful fishing trip and coming home empty-handed.
Here are a few fishing tips and information to help you choose the right Yakima Bait lure:
- Think about the water conditions: The water conditions can also affect the type of lure you choose. For example, if the water is murky, you may want to choose a lure with a bright color to help it stand out, or a bigger lure. This article as some good information for fishing dirty water – How To Fish Murky Water More Effective
- Choose the right size: The size of the lure can also make a difference. A larger lure may be more effective for larger fish, while a smaller lure may be more effective for smaller fish.
- Consider the type of lure: Yakima Bait offers a variety of lure types, including larger blades that will give of more vibration, but might sink slower. Consider the type of lure that is best suited for the fish you are targeting and the water conditions.
- Use scent attractants: Fish attractants and scents are gaining popularity lately and for good reason, they can increase the effectiveness of the lure. Rooster Tail Scent Spray and Pro-Cure are just some recommended fish scents of the many brands available.
- Water Depth: Pay attention to the water depth and adjust your lure accordingly. Are the fish high in the water column, mid depth or on the bottom feeding? Different sizes lures will sink have different weights and will sink depths.
- Experiment: You might wind fast on a few retrieves, then reel the spinner in slowly for a couple of retrieves. Experiment and try some pauses and jerks with the inline spinners.
By following these tips and experimenting with different techniques, you can increase your chances of a success.
This article has some good fishing tips as well – How to Fish Mepps Lures
Fish around structure like logs, weed beds, channels, piers, etc. If you are fishing from a boat or kayak fishing, then a fish finder can help locate structure and fish.
Remember to always follow local fishing regulations. While it is good to have a feed of fish, practice catch-and-release whenever possible to help preserve future resources.
Warden’s Rooster Tails
What we love about the inline spinners is the way the dressing tail pulsates in the water of the rooster tail spinner. The pulsating hackle tail also adds to the lure’s attractiveness, perhaps mimicking the movement of the tail of a live baitfish.
The Rooster Tail has the inline spinner blade with its unique spinning action that attracts fish.
Most inline spinners are sometimes a bit light to cast any distance, but the heavier model with their slim body design cast very well. One of the key features of the Rooster Tail is its in-line weighted body design. This design allows the lure to sink quickly, making it ideal for fishing in deeper waters.
A choice of silver or gold blades also help with options for fishing in different conditions. Some anglers like using silver spinners for sunny days and the gold blade for overcast days.
The lure comes in a variety of sizes, and a wide range of colors, including silver, brass, and painted blades. This makes it ideal for catching a variety of species, including bass, trout, and panfish.
On most model types, you also have a choice of either single or treble hooks, dressed and undressed hooks.
What Sizes Are The Warden’s Original Rooster Tail?
The Warden’s Original Inline Spinners sizes are:
- 1/24 oz.
- 1/16 oz.
- 1/8 oz.
- 1/6 oz.
- 1/4 oz.
- 3/8 oz.
- 1/2 oz.
- 3/4 oz.
- 1 oz.
Different hook sizes are also available, depending on the model weight.
What Yakima Bait Spinner Models Are There?
- Original Rooster Tail – Treble
- Original Rooster Tail – Single
- Joe Thomas Pro Series Rooster Tail (Designed specifically for bass.)
- Prop Blade Rooster Tail
- Rooster Tail – Red Hook
- UV Rooster Tail
- Hammered Blade Rooster Tail
- Rooster Tail Minnow
- Super Rooster Tail (Like a spinner bait.)
- Vibric Rooster Tail
- Sonic Rooster Tail
- Undressed Vibric Rooster Tail
The Original Rooster Tail is also available in packs and trophy kits.
Where Can You Buy Warden’s Rooster Tails?
The lures are available at the Yakima Bait Rooster Tail website and also at:
- Bass Pro Shops
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Black Sheep Sporting Goods
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Fisherman’s Marine
- Fish USA
- Fisherman’s Warehouse
- Hooked On Toys Sporting Goods
- Outdoor Pro Shop
- Sportsman’s Warehouse
- Tackle Warehouse
Maintenance and Storage of Your Yakima Bait Lures
Proper maintenance and storage of your Yakima Bait lures can help prolong their lifespan and keep them in top condition for your next fishing trip. Here are some tips:
- Rinse your lures with fresh water after each use to remove dirt, salt, sand, and debris that can cause damage or corrosion.
- Inspect your lures and hooks for any damage. Such as cracks or missing parts, and replace or repair them as needed.
- Store your lures in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, and moisture. You can use a tackle box or a dedicated lure storage system to keep them organized and protected.
- Label your lure boxes with their sizes to make it easier to find the right one for your next fishing trip.
Yakima Bait Lures And Brands
Yakima Bait also has various brands, and types of inline spinners, jig heads, hard body lures, buoyant egg imitations, cedar lures, spoons, spinner baits. They have lures to suit the angler fishing for steelhead, trout, salmon, bass, musky, panfish and saltwater fish.
As well as the Worden’s Rooster Tail product, here are some other trademarked brands and products that are owned by Yakima Bait:
- Lil Corky
- Mag Lip
- Maxi Jig
- Triple Teazer
- Fish Flash
- Spin Fish
The FlatFish, designed by Charlie Helin in the early 1900s, is the ultimate plug for slow trolling. It offers shallow diving and wide wiggling action.
Another one of Yakima Bait’s popular brands is the Hildebrandt products of inline spinners and spinner blades. “Foolin’ Fish Since 1899” is Hildebrandt’s catch phrase for fishing.
Lil’ Corky is the ideal choice for any water or light condition, whether fished alone or with bait. These buoyant egg imitations serve multiple purposes, such as trolling harnesses, spinners, or even as a strike indicator in fly fishing.
Poe’s offer meticulously handcrafted cedar lures designed for large saltwater and freshwater species.
Each lure is custom built and custom painted by experienced professionals who possess deep expertise in crafting cedar lures.
This versatile spinner is capable of catching a wide range of fish species. It combines a buoyant, noise-producing design with strike-inducing action and vibration. Whether you’re casting, drifting, trolling, backtrolling, or plunking, this spinner/bait floater is an excellent choice.
It comes in 10 sizes and offers a vast selection of colors to choose from.
The Mag Lip is a plug with a unique “Skip-Beat Action” that causes erratic, darting movements, resulting in aggressive strikes. This extra deep-diving Rattle/UV Plug has become incredibly versatile and is widely recognized as one of the top multi-species trolling plugs available.
Yakima Bait has created the Maxi Jig, a high-quality jig specifically designed for dedicated steelhead anglers.
The Maxi Jig features pulsating marabou dressing and comes in various models, some with a bead or marabou / flashabou collar. It is equipped with a 2X Strong Owner® hook and cleaned eyelets for enhanced durability. The ball head of each Maxi Jig is coated with a durable UV impregnated two-part urethane overcoat to prevent chipping.
The 1/8 and 1/4 ounce sizes are popular for winter steelhead fishing, while the 1/16 or 1/32 ounce sizes are ideal for low water and small stream conditions. Anglers also use it in the Great Lakes region.
The Triple Teazer UV trolling spoon is designed in the shape of a minnow and offers a distinctive swimming action. It is expertly manufactured using authentic brass material and features a cupped design for maximum action and vibration.
The spoon exhibits excellent side-to-side movement, making it highly effective for catching trout and Kokanee.
Big Al’s Fish Flash is an incredibly unique and versatile fishing accessory that can be rigged in virtually any configuration.
Its adaptability allows for targeting multiple fish species. With its design, it offers no resistance or drag, ensuring a smooth and effortless glide through the water, even at slow trolling speeds.
The Spin Fish is an innovative and patented UV trolling plug that incorporates a unique feature – a pull-apart “easy-fill” scent dispersing bait chamber. This design allows for convenient bait application while trolling. The combination of bait and lure in the Spin Fish has proven to be highly effective, making it one of the top-performing lures in the market.
In addition to the Worden’s Rooster Tail spinner, Yakima Bait offers a variety of other lures, and fishing products.
Yakima Bait Rooster Tail Spinners continue to be popular choice of an inline spinner among anglers.
Whether you’re a seasoned angler or just starting out, Yakima Bait has the lures you need to have a successful fishing trip and help you catch more fish.
Other fishing articles and information you might be interested in: Mepps Aglia Spinner